Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

Dissertation on Disney.

This year is my final year at university. *Sad face* and this year I decided to write a dissertation instead of creating a short film or a magazine. I know, crazy right!?

Before you start thinking I’m mad because I chose to write 10,000 words on one subject, let me just explain what I’m actually writing my dissertation about!

I’ve decided to write it on Disney. It. Is. Great. I’m one of the very few people that are actually enjoying writing their dissertation. I’m not writing on just any Disney film either, I’m writing on the Disney Princesses. Not many people can say they enjoy what they write about J I mean, I’m in the library watching Disney movies! And it’s actually for my work! I’m mainly focusing on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Little Mermaid and Frozen.


To be fair though, it’s not all watching films (I almost cried over the ending to Beauty and the Beast in the library the other day – how sad). I have had to do a lot of research into the films themselves and into feminist film theory. My thesis is about how both men and women are represented in the films, and how the relationships between the two are portrayed. I still find it pretty interesting but going through feminist film theory is a bit dull after a while.


I have to admit, it is pretty difficult to find books about the Disney Princesses and even harder to find books about gender representations within the Disney animations. I can hardly find books about Disney’s Frozen!! I am enjoying it though. I’m a feminist so to research this is interesting (even if it does get extremely boring). What’s your Dissertation about?


No comments:

Post a Comment