Pages

Saturday 8 August 2015

What am I going to do now?

So, now I’ve graduated from University of Greenwich, I have to decide what I’m going to do with my life now. Of course at first I was interested in a career in Film. I still am, I think it would be an amazing career. Imagine that, working on a set of a film! To me, it sounds like great fun. However, I’m not the only one who thinks this type of job sounds great and therefore struggled to find a job in this sort of area.

So I decided to think about what other careers I was interested in. I remembered that when I completed a few weeks work experience at a local primary school for secondary school work experience that I really enjoyed it. But I wasn’t sure that I would enjoy doing it full time and for the rest of my life so I decided to get some more experience to make sure.

I began some more work experience at another primary school for two more weeks, and even though it was exhausting (they were a year 5 class), it was really rewarding. To see them learn and enjoy class was amazing and was extremely enjoyable. To work in a field where you are helping others, to me, sounds great.

After this I decided the time was right for me to make an application to the University of Greenwich for a PGCE in Primary Education. Luckily, this is funded by Student Finance England otherwise it wouldn’t be possible for me to complete it. I went to an interview and was put on a waiting list, a few weeks after this I was given a conditional offer. The only thing that held me back was the Skills Test. I had taken the Numeracy Skills test twice and failed both times, I’m not sure why, because I revised, but maybe (*obviously*) I should have studied more…

So what’s in store for me now? I think I’m going to work for now and reapply for the PGCE next year, which gives me plenty of time to revise for the Numeracy Skills Test. I’m also going to apply for Camp America. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and I can’t wait!

Taking a year out to do other things can be scary, but they will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment